Tang Tank: Aquascape

I am in the process of redoing the Tanganyikan Tank aquascape. For some reason, I did not set it up properly initially. I purchased some elephant skin rock, which matches the cichlid stones perfectly. I also removed the fluorite substrate (which was a nutrient sink), and replaced it with aragonite sand. I am still debating how plants may look in this aquascape, but overall, it is looking much nicer. I will take a photo in a few days, after the cloudiness of the tank has cleared. Already, I can see a buffering effect of the aragonite, which should help bring the pH from a very low 7.5 to 8.5 or higher. I also started dosing SeaChem to help buffer and raise the pH. I’m hoping with the changes in the water, the fish will breed. These Neolamprologus brevis appear to be mature now, and I have two males and three females. So far, they have not been very aggressive toward each other, or towards the Neolamprologus leleupi

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s